Ages of learners
iMovie '11 helps you turn ordinary home videos into captivating Hollywood-style trailers that are fun to watch and share. You can choose from fifteen trailer templates including Adventure, Romantic Comedy, and Epic Drama, each with its own unique titles, graphics, and cinematic soundtrack. iMovie also includes powerful new tools that make it easy to selectively adjust audio levels and apply sophisticated visual effects like flash and hold, instant replay, and jump cuts with a single click. People Finder analyzes your videos and marks sections containing faces, so you can quickly find the perfect clips for your trailer or movie. And iMovie '11 adds new themes that make your videos look like professionally-produced news or sports programs.
- Choose from 15 movie trailer templates, each with its own original soundtrack and graphics.
- Select the best video for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones.
- Customize character names, titles, credits, and more.
- View beautifully-rendered movie posters when sharing your trailer to iTunes and Apple devices.
- Convert your trailer to a project to take advantage of the full set of iMovie editing tools.
All-new audio editing
- View detailed, color-coded audio waveforms for all your clips.
- Drag the volume bar to adjust the level of a clip or selection.
- Drag fade edges to shorten or extend fades.
- Choose from 19 fun audio effects that transform the sound of your movie.
- Fine-tune your soundtrack with noise reduction controls and a 10-band audio equalizer.
- Select from nine visual effects with over a dozen variations.
- Create custom slow motion, fast forward, and instant replay effects.
- Enhance your movie with unique effects such as rewind or flash and hold.
- Instantly transition part of a clip to black & white, sepia, or dream haze.
- Add jump cuts or flip effects that match the beat of your music.
- Automatically find and label all portions of your video that contain people's faces.
- Detect the number of individuals in each shot – from a single person to two people to a group.
- Detect close-ups, medium shots, and wide shots of people.
- Filter your video based on number of people and shot type.
- Use People Finder with movie trailers to quickly find the right footage.
News and Sports themes
- Use the News theme to give your video the look of a broadcast news show.
- Apply the Sports theme to turn your sports video into a polished, TV-style highlight reel.
- Add your own player photos, team logos, and statistics to any Sports theme movie.
- Customize the look of your themed video by mixing and matching themed titles and transitions.
More ways to share
- Export to iTunes and watch on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV.
- Publish to YouTube, Vimeo, and MobileMe Gallery.
- Share with friends on Facebook.
- Upload newsworthy video to CNN iReport.
- Easily export your HD video at beautiful 1080p resolution.
AVCHD video from supported video cameras requires a Mac with an Intel Core Duo processor or better.
Some features and third-party services require Internet access and/or MobileMe; additional fees and terms apply. MobileMe is available to persons age 13 and older. Annual subscription fee and Internet access required. Terms of service apply.
Third-party services may not be available in all languages or in all countries. Use of these services requires Internet access and may require you to accept additional terms.
Teacher/Instructor at School/Home
Sunday, September 02, 2012
"iMovie is a great tool to begin teaching students the concepts of video editing. It's features are effective at what they do, yet simple enough that the beginner with no video editing experience can use them. Students will be exposed to the concepts of importing video files, cropping sections of video, crossfading and adding video effects just to name a few. Although it's definitely not a pro suite by any means, iMovie allows students to explore, learn and produce, using a very basic, yet capable software. Once they've completed their projects, they can export them as different file types or burn directly to DVD. It is versatile, simple and reliable, iMovie makes a great teaching tool."
So teachers, introduce your students to video editing and help them gain a good foundation to go to the next level using iMovie. But of course, you must follow the instructions in the tutorial first to ensure you are doing everything the right way.
Online English Tutor/ Health Care Provider
Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Teacher at Carlmont High School
Saturday, May 04, 2013
How do you use this tool?