Engage, assess and personalize your class with Socrative! Educators can initiate formative assessments through quizzes, quick question polls, exit tickets and space races all with their Socrative Teacher app. Socrative will instantly grade, aggregate and provide visuals of results to help you identify opportunities for further instruction. Save time and visualize student understanding when it matters, now!
To get started using Socrative, simply register for a Socrative Teacher account. Your Socrative account will work with other Socrative Apps and via all browsers at Socrative.com. Students can connect to your unique room by opening their apps or joining your room at socrative.com on any device.
- Single Sign On – Teachers can sign in using their Google Domain Email Address
- Drive Integration – Teachers can have reports sent to their Google Drive
- Visualize student understanding
- Ask multiple choice and true/false questions
- Ask open-ended questions and vote on the results
- Create your own quizzes (instantly graded for you)
- Share quizzes with other teachers
- Give end of class exit tickets
- Play games with our space race!
- View students results in real time
- Reporting – Download, Email or send to Google Drive
Supported Browsers and Devices
- Socrative works on every browser: including Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
- Use any Web Enabled device: including Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Desktops
|Socrative Free||Free||50 students per session, 1 public room for your class, On-the-fly questioning, Space Race assessment.|
|Socrative Pro for K-12 Teachers||$59.99/year||Everything in Socrative Free plus: Up to 10 private or public rooms, Space Race assessment, Roster import via CSV or Excel.|
|Socrative Pro for Higher Ed & Corporate||$99.99/year||150 students per session, Up to 10 private or public rooms, Restricted access with student ID, Shareable links for easy login.|
Currently only seeing this for $59.99/yr.
It’s quite easy to create quizzes for students. I’ve been looking for an easy tool to use :) And finally I’ve got one :) It’s the Socrative~
However, I’m stuck here! Can anyone answer my question?
I have no problem seeing my quizzes from my teacher account. But when i try to log in as a student as a test, I get the same message: Waiting for the next activity to begin…and then the next activity never begins…
Why is that?
My college students like getting Socrative Space Races as a way of measuring what they’ve learned after listening to 90-minute podcasts.
Great for quick re-cap quizzes for students. Puts fun into assessment. Great that you teacher and student get feedback on student errors. Very simple to use.
Wow. I just took a tour of this tool – I am going to promote it with my teachers next year and specifically target my 8th grade science teacher who is in the process of moving her curriculum over to the iPad. This looks great!
More to come…
A great and simple tool that allows for instant student input. No fumbling around with individual student accounts and passwords. Just provide a "room number" to a group and they are all in, using an Android or iOS device or a desktop/laptop computer.
+ simple/kid-friendly interface
+ create multiple choice quizzes that can be used as interactive games
+ automatically create random teams
+ EXCELLENT for exit cards – students can summarize what they have learned in a lesson and answer a question provided by the teacher
+ reports e-mailed to you (as a spreadsheet) that is easily opened by Excel or imported into Google Docs
– multiple choice quizzes can take time to create
– question and game formats can be a little restrictive
– not too much customization
The final word:
Definitely worth a shot. Head to t.socrative.com to create a teacher account, get a room number and play around. There are a few good video tutorials on Youtube as well