Microsoft Word 2010 offers the best of all worlds: enhanced features to create professional-quality documents, easier ways to work together with people, and almost-anywhere access to your files.
Designed to give you the finest document-formatting tools, Word 2010 also helps you easily organize and write your documents more efficiently, and stay within reach so you can capture your best ideas whenever and wherever they occur.
Create visually compelling documents more easily than ever
Word 2010 provides an array of new and improved tools that help you look like a design pro and make your important content stand out.
- Add impressive formatting effects—such as gradient fills and reflections—directly to the text in your document. You can now apply many of the same effects to text and shapes that you might already use for pictures, charts, and SmartArt graphics.
- Use new and improved picture editing tools—including versatile artistic effects and advanced correction, color, and cropping tools—to fine-tune every picture in your document to look its absolute best.
- Choose from more customizable Office themes to coordinate colors, fonts, and graphic formatting effects throughout your documents. Customize themes to use your own personal or business branding. The same Office themes are available in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel 2010, so it's easy to give all your documents a consistent, professional look.
- Make a statement with a wide selection of SmartArt graphics— including many new layouts for organization charts and picture diagrams—to create impressive graphics as easily as typing a bulleted list. SmartArt graphics automatically coordinate with your chosen document theme, so great-looking formatting for all your document content is just a couple of clicks away.
Save time and simplify your work
Word 2010 provides tools that save time and simplify your work.
- Find your way with the improved Navigation Pane and Find tools. These new enhancements make it easier than ever to browse, search, and even reorganize document content right from a single, easy-to-use pane.
- Recover draft versions of files that you closed without saving. That's right. The version recovery feature is just one of many new features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage™ view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu in all Office 2010 applications to provide a centralized, organized space for all document management tasks.
- Easily customize the improved Ribbon to make the commands you need most accessible. Create custom tabs or even customize built-in tabs.
Work together more successfully
If you work with others on documents and projects, Word 2010 has the tools you need.
- Using new co-authoring capabilities, you can now edit the same document, at the same time, as other team members in other locations. You can even communicate instantly as you work, directly from Word.
- If you work for a company running SharePoint Foundation 2010 this functionality can be used within the firewall. With Microsoft Lync and Office Communicator now integrated throughout several Office 2010 programs, you can view presence information that shows the availability of other authors and initiate instant messaging or voice calls directly from Word.
- If you're in a small company or use Word 2010 for your home or school work, you can take advantage of co-authoring features though Windows Live. All you need is a free Windows Live ID to simultaneously edit documents with others. An instant messenger account (such as the free Windows Live Messenger) is required to view presence of authors and start an instant messaging conversation.
Access your information from more places
Your ideas, deadlines, projects, and work emergencies don't always occur conveniently when you are at your desk. Fortunately, you now have the power to get things done when and where you need to, from the Web or even from your smartphone.
- Microsoft Word Web App is an online companion to Microsoft Word that enables you to extend your Word experience to the browser. View a high fidelity version of your documents and make light edits as well. Access some of the same formatting and editing tools that are in Word 2010, and work in a familiar editing environment, from almost any computer with a Web browser.2
- Microsoft Word Mobile gives you the ability to review, edit, or comment on Word documents and provides navigations tools to quickly jump to the right place every time.
Whether you're writing that career-making report, working with a team on the next big pitch, drafting your resume, or getting work done on the run, Word 2010 makes it easier to get what you need done more quickly, with more flexibility, and with better results.
|Office for Mac Home & Student 2011||$119.99||Includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for Mac 2011.|
|Word for Mac 2011||$139.99||General pricing.|
It is a great tool for teaching homophones. (Why hasn't your computer marked "your" as an incorrect spelling for "you're"?) I have used the reviewing tools to give feedback on students' work and to label text. Students can also change a text's font and add pictures to show their understanding of what they have read.
A great tool for most things. I prefer it over Publisher for anything that can be printed onto A4 paper!
For both teachers and students, Microsoft Word is the absolute best tool to use for creating documents, cards, tables, posters, virtually anything that can be written.
As a teacher, I use Microsoft Office on a daily basis for creating lesson plans, saving articles to be used in the classroom, and add images to documents. While I do not use this tool in the classroom, I could see it being useful. For example, students could create cards or their own documents for an activity.
One of the downsides of Microsoft Office is that it is expensive. Most computers have to be purchased with this added feature for no less than $130.00 USD.
Other than this, Microsoft Office is an invaluable tool for an educator.
Microsoft office compatibility pack for excel and word together with word viewer enables me to open word documents saved in different formats such as word macro-Enabled document (.docm), word document (.docx), Text (.txt) Web Page formats (.htlm, htm, .mhtml, .mht) Rich Text Format (.rtf) and many others. With this compatibility pack and word viewer enables me to print, copy content program from another document,and view, however I cannot create a new document, save a document and edit an open document.
I have used Microsoft office programs such as Microsoft word 2003, Microsoft office word 2007 and Microsoft word 2010 and both are good as per different usage. For system to operate I had to download supported operating systems such as Window Server 2003, Window xp, Window 2000 Service pack 4, Window vista and service pack 2 which applies to above Microsoft programs.
I recommend this tool to all educators, friends and anyone who want to produce impressive documents and fun as you use Microsoft word, because have used it and I was able to achieve my objective as produce magnificent outcome.
Easy retrieval of student files is easy for me and them! They are also able to easily revise and their changes can be tracked as they revise and edit during these stages of the writing process.
I will never again ask students to fully draft a short story, feature article, or other lengthy composition outside of Word...it saves time and is motivational for students.
Because my students are young and most of them have never used a word processing program before, there is no learning curve for them. I find that most of them understand the features that Microsoft Word 2010 offers, and they are able to use it with ease. Using the classroom computer, they love to cut and paste pictures to illustrate their stories using the software.
In addition to using it myself, my school has a site license so all of the students have the opportunity to use it in the computer labs and the library. My students type essays and complete projects using the program all the time. Beyond just typing, students can learn how to format various types of writing, insert images into a document, create posters, etc.
The only challenge that I have in using the program is relearning basics each time the program is updated. I also need to be sure to save documents in earlier formats so they can be accessed easily.