Ages of learners
The iTunes U app gives you access to complete courses from leading universities and other schools — plus the world's largest digital catalog of free education content — right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Whether you're majoring in molecular biology at a university, taking Spanish in high school, or just interested in European history, you now have a valuable tool to help you learn anytime, anywhere.
Free courses in a wide array of subjects
- Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools
- See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
- Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app
- Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and new iBooks textbooks for iPad
The world's largest catalog of free education content
- Choose from more than 500,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology
- Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 26 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, UC Berkeley, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5 or later
- An Apple ID with an iTunes Store account
- iTunes 10.5.3 or later is required to sync with a computer
- The selection of courses, collections, and availability of content linked from within a course may vary by country
Online English and Biology Teacher
Sunday, September 09, 2012
Chief Technology Officer at Avenues: The World School
Sunday, June 10, 2012
This cloud hosted service works is easy to manage using Safari using iTunes Course Manager, but this must be set up through your educational institution.
It is easy to build a course and syllabus and update information on the fly.
This program requires Lion/Safari to run the iTunes U Course Manager and an iPad to access the content.
The course management system works well, but lacks a social media/collaboration component.
How do you use this tool?