The iTunes U app gives you access to complete courses from leading universities and other schools — plus the world’s largest digital catalog of free education content — right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Whether you’re majoring in molecular biology at a university, taking Spanish in high school, or just interested in European history, you now have a valuable tool to help you learn anytime, anywhere.
Free courses in a wide array of subjects
- Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools
- See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
- Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app
- Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and new iBooks textbooks for iPad
The world’s largest catalog of free education content
- Choose from more than 500,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology
- Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 26 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, UC Berkeley, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5 or later
- An Apple ID with an iTunes Store account
- iTunes 10.5.3 or later is required to sync with a computer
- The selection of courses, collections, and availability of content linked from within a course may vary by country
|iTunes U||Free||Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.|
This cloud hosted service works is easy to manage using Safari using iTunes Course Manager, but this must be set up through your educational institution.
It is easy to build a course and syllabus and update information on the fly.
This program requires Lion/Safari to run the iTunes U Course Manager and an iPad to access the content.
The course management system works well, but lacks a social media/collaboration component.