Nursery rhymes, tongue twisters, proverbs, great prose and poetry. These timeless texts are missing words. Tap the author’s word and feel clever. Don’t know it? Don’t sweat it! ”Wrong answers” are quite hilarious. Now you can even add your own!
- RELAX in Zen Mode or THRILL to Timed Mode
- LAUGH at the Silly solutions
- REFLECT on the Tricky ones and the source texts
- CREATE custom solutions
- READ the original texts
- SAVE your completed texts however you filled those gaps
- REVIEW your saved versions
- COMPARE your solution to the author’s
- ENJOY a growing collection of playable texts (see below)
FUN FOR AGES 10+ :
- DISCOVER classic texts playfully with your kids
- GIGGLE at the puns, crazy rhymes, category errors,…
- GROW from ACCESSIBLE texts like proverbs and nursery rhymes to literary gems from Shakespeare, Dickens, Byron, Wordsworth and more
- BOOKISH KIDS love it, even if (especially because?) it’s not “made for kids”
CLASSROOM and LIBRARY FRIENDLY :
- Excellent for enrichment in English and ESL classrooms and libraries in middle school grades and higher
- Unlimited player profiles on the same device
- No ads or in-app purchases
- Works offline
- No links or sharing outside the app
SILLY FUN or EXTREME LITERARY SPORT :
- Think you know these texts cold? Try picking the _wrong_ Tricky word on purpose every time with a time limit. We call that 100% Novel. It can be brutal!
- Have you got the endurance to complete the Virtuoso Race on “Once more unto the breach”? How about the “Major-General’s Song”?
- Achievements for all modes of play, text collections and challenge categories. How many can you earn?
WARNING: possible side effects of playing WordWhile include: increased vocabulary, improved memory, greater familiarity with literary classics, learning poems and famous speeches by heart…and laughter. Studio Goojaji assumes no responsibility for any learning incurred as a result of playing WordWhile…but the laughing is entirely our fault.
The collection of playable texts is growing and any new texts will come to you as free updates. That is worth repeating: when WordWhile gets an update, take a look at “What’s New”. There are always new texts to try.
- “Proverbs”: over 40 well-known proverbs divided into eight playable texts
- “Shakespeare: Speeches and Sonnets”: 8 texts
- (ADDED September 2017) “Children’s Classics” — 8 nursery rhymes, tongue twisters and several “Poems Every Child Should Know”
- (ADDED September 2017) “Pickin’s from Dickens”: 8 texts with 4 to go
- (ADDED November + Dec 2017) 4 of the “Selected Poems” with 4 more coming soon
|WordWhile||$1.99||Paid mobile app.|