iBooks lets you lose yourself in a good story from the comfort of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You’ll find classics, bestsellers, up-and-coming authors, and even audiobooks—ready to download and enjoy.
- Explore a vast collection of books from all categories, and for all ages and reading levels.
- Browse our Featured books to find the best and buzziest new releases, perennial bestsellers, and curated collections.
- Preview Books while you browse, and download free samples—sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
- Find beautifully illustrated and interactive books, including kids’ picture books, art and photography books, cookbooks, and more.
- Check out our Top Charts to see what’s popular with other readers.
- Select the perfect audiobook and have your story read to you, or take it on the road and listen through CarPlay.
Great ways to read
- Choose from eight attractive fonts and four easy-to-read page colors.
- Add bookmarks and notes, and highlight your favorite passages.
- Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with built-in search.
- Turn on Auto-Night Theme to make reading more comfortable on your eyes.
- Adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment.
- Move continuously through books instead of flipping pages by enabling Scroll view.
- Hear the words on a page spoken when using iBooks with the accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
- Print PDF documents and notes you’ve written on iBooks using AirPrint.
- Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite books with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, orMail.
- Access any of the books you purchase from iBooks on all your devices.
- Share your book and audiobook purchases with family members using Family Sharing.
- Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that’ll appear on all your devices.
- Access bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page on all of your devices.
Supports open standards
- Open content is published in the ePub and PDF formats.
- Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
- Downloading content from iBooks or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
- Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free.
- Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks.
|iBooks||Free||Free mobile app.|