Epic! is the leading all-you-can-read eBook library for kids 12 and under offering unlimited access to over 15,000 high-quality children’s books, now including thousands of read-to-me and Audio books.
There are 2 versions of Epic!, both accessible through the one app:
1. EPIC! FOR THE HOME
Epic! costs only $4.99/month with the first month FREE and supports up to 4 individual child profiles per account. Each child receives personalized recommendations based on their reading level and interests, helping them discover new books they will love. No commitments or hassles. You can easily cancel at any time.
2. EPIC! FOR EDUCATORS
Epic! is absolutely free to elementary school teachers and school librarians in the US and Canada. A favorite with teachers and students around the country, Epic! brings access to unlimited children’s literature into every classroom. Epic! encourages young readers with badges and rewards, while letting teachers assign books and track individual reading progress.
THE EPIC! LIBRARY
Epic!’s award-winning service includes a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction books from leading publishers such as Scholastic, National Geographic, HarperCollins, Macmillan and many more. With over 15,000 books available now and many more titles added each week, Epic! has been called the “Netflix of kids’ books” – it’s an unlimited library your kids can take anywhere!
Well-known books and series include Fancy Nancy, Flat Stanley, Warriors, Rainbow Magic Fairies, The Chronicles of Narnia, Ramona, Batman, Goosebumps, Clifford, A Series of Unfortunate Events, National Geographic Kids, Goodnight Moon, The Berenstain Bears, Big Nate, and many more.
The Epic! library contains everything from picture books to chapter books, early readers, audiobooks, “read to me” audio books, comic books, graphic novels, non-fiction titles, educational books, and junior novels.
PRESS AND EXPERT REVIEWS
Epic! has been featured in USA Today, Parenting.com, Parents, CNET, Forbes, Publisher’s Weekly and more. Here’s what the press and the experts are saying about Epic!:
“We’re proud to offer our titles on Epic! which provides an innovative mobile reading experience for kids and fosters a love of reading in a whole new way.” – Chantal Restivo-Alessi (Chief Digital Officer, HarperCollins Publishers)
“Epic strikes the perfect balance between educational and fun, and should allow parents to feel more confident about introducing the iPad into their children’s daily lives as a tool” – TechCrunch
“get access to thousands of books on all subject matters” – Parenting.com
“one handy app that that offers all-you-can-read selections for a low monthly fee” – Cool Mom Tech
- Over 15,000 great titles with many more added weekly
- Audiobooks and “read-to-me” books
- Individual customized child profiles at no additional cost
- Personalized book recommendations for each child
- Online and offline reading (take Epic! in the car, on a plane, or camping)
- A detailed reading log to track reading progress available in the app, and emailed weekly to parents
- Access your Epic! account and Epic!’s full library on any device
- Includes a 30 day free trial and just $4.99/ month after that
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged $4.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- The user may manage subscriptions & may turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Epic!
|Epic! for Educators||Free||Epic! is absolutely free to elementary school teachers and school librarians in the US and Canada.|
|Epic! for the Home||$4.99/month||Includes a 30 day free trial and just $4.99/month after that.|
This is a great resource for encouraging children to read! Some stories read aloud while others are just ebooks. Books are visually appealing and they’re common trade books.