CourseSmart is the world’s largest provider of digital course materials.
Our catalog includes over 90% of the core textbooks in use today in North American Higher Education as eTextbooks, as well as the largest online catalog of eResources and digital course materials available for instant access.
CourseSmart’s comprehensive selection gives students, faculty, partners, and institutions a new way to find and access eTextbooks and digital course material in one place. CourseSmart customers enjoy anytime, anywhere access to important course materials at the click of a mouse from any web browser and on many popular tablets and mobile devices. CourseSmart’s read offline feature also lets customers read eTextbooks from their computer or iPad when an internet connection is not available.
Leveraging CourseSmart’s standards-based enterprise capabilities, an institution can provide seamless access to important academic content from within the walls of their trusted campus systems, thereby improving productivity and performance for students and instructors alike.
In providing this unmatched service, CourseSmart is not only lowering costs and improving access to these essential tools, but is supporting the evolving teaching and learning environment through the significant benefits of digital course materials.
CourseSmart is a venture supported by the leading publishers in North American higher education. Founded in 2007, CourseSmart provides eTextbooks and digital learning tools to millions of student and faculty users.
- Cengage Learning
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Macmillan Higher Education
- John Wiley & Sons
- Jones and Bartlett Learning
- Elsevier Science
- WoltersKluwer Health (Lippincott, Wilkins & Williams)
- FA Davis
- Sinauer Associates
- Sage Publications, Inc.
- Taylor & Francis
- Princeton University Press
- Guaranteed Savings – Saves money since CourseSmart eTextbooks cost an average of 60% less than a printed textbook.
- Confidence – Assures that you are purchasing the exact materials assigned by instructors for use in class.
- Instant Access – Allows for digital course materials to be accessed anytime, day or night.
- Digital Convenience – Provides full text search, copy/paste, integration with most word processing programs, and the ability to print just what is needed.
- Choice – Multiple formats available that support anytime, anywhere access to course materials on a variety of computers and devices.
- Fidelity – CourseSmart eTextbooks maintain the valuable aspects of the print textbook including page numbers and page layout, as well as the ability to take notes and highlight passages.
Partners and Institution Benefits:
- One partner – A single agreement and implementation can provide the exact digital content a partner or institution needs across multiple publishers.
- One user experience – A common user experience across eTextbooks that is easy for students and faculty to learn and use.
- Simple integration – Lightweight and standards-based methods to integrate CourseSmart systems into existing workflows such as point of sale systems, student information systems, campus portals and learning management systems.
- Speed to market – The fastest way to offer digital course materials to improve access and lower costs for students and instructors.
- Evaluation – The easiest, fastest and most eco-friendly way to evaluate possible textbooks for adoption.
- Comprehensive Content – A complete view, across publishers, of available textbooks and all of the corresponding supporting materials.
- Accessibility – Anytime, anywhere access to the textbook faculty have assigned to the class.
- Student Support – Easy ways to inform students about a new, low cost choice to purchase assigned course materials including tools to link from the syllabus and learning management system directly to materials in use.
- Complete eTextbook solution – A simple way to make your complete catalog of textbooks available as eTextbooks.
- New channel – Beyond eTextbooks, a new way to distribute new and innovative e-learning materials.
- Support for all devices – A way to insure that your content is available in many formats on a wide range of devices in a rapidly changing market.
- Lower cost option for students – A way to provide the market with lower-cost digital options via a trusted partner.
|CourseSmart||Free||Rent textbooks at a discount rate.|
There is no substitute for a REAL book. That said, if you have an online/telecommute class this may a good option if you cannot find a paper copy or it is too expensive. I thought the prices were a little high, especially when you can usually get used books for much less on online auction or book swapping sites. You can print pages, but that would probably add up as well. A nice idea, if only it were free!