Ages of learners
Word Joust for Grades 6-8: Encourage your students or children to play it daily & watch their vocabulary improve dramatically. Ideal for elementary school students & English Language Learners (ELL/ESL).
This version is specifically designed for intermediate school students (6th - 8th grade) and English language learners (ELL) with grade-appropriate words compiled by Questar Assessment, Inc. The words represent a quantitative summary of the printed vocabulary encountered by students in American schools & are created from more than 60,000 samples of text from more than 6,000 textbooks, works of literature, and popular works of fiction and nonfiction.
With Word Joust for 6-8, knaves (i.e., you) will master the 3000 most popular words using in intermediate school reading materials. Delivered as mini word games set on a medieval battle field, Word Joust makes learning new words easy and fun.
Skewer (with your petard) five words at a time with fun war games set in the medieval times. Each victory gives you points to move up the ranks from apprentice to the master.
- Scramble - Unscamble words as fast as you can
- Troll Trickery - Match words & definitions
- Labyrinth of Letters - Word search
- Cohorts of Soldiers - Battle the words
- Hangman - Guess the word
Featured by EdSurge and Fast Company.
- Includes 3000 age-appropriate words for grades 6-8
- Five fun and effective vocabulary games
- Adaptive game-play to adjust to your level
- Track your performance