I have provided a virtual set of fraction bars on www.abcya.com for several years. Many teachers have contacted me about creating a similar application for the iPad. Here it is! I offer this app for free because virtual manipulatives alone do not provide meaning for learners; they require a teacher to guide meaning and connections.
A good feedback loop is essential to deliver the best results. I encourage adults to send your thoughts and suggestions on how to improve this app. To the best of my ability I will incorporate your ideas into subsequent versions to deliver what you want.
- Does not contain third-party ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain integration with social networks.
- Does not use analytics/data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by ABCya.com in the iTunes App Store.
|Virtual Manipulatives!||Free||Compatible with iPad.|
I use this tool with elementary students to introduce fractions and creating number lines with fractions.