Star Walk is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your go-to interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
Over 8 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010
No In-App Purchases
Get started quickly
- Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you’ll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
- Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
- Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
- Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
- A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
- A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
- TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope.
Share your experience
- Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss. Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
- Explore stunning space pictures in Picture of the Day.
- There is an entire stargazing twitter community within Star Walk – don’t miss out!
Duran Duran’s keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
“With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go.”
|Star Walk||$2.99||Paid mobile app.|
This is a great tool for anyone who wants to learn more about the solar system. The ability to go out stargazing but have instant access to details about the stars you are looking at is great. Kids love the freedom it gives them to immerse themselves in stargazing. I love that they can learn while they are doing it. One of my favorite features is the ability to see the night sky you are looking at, at a different date. It’s interesting to see the sky you are looking at change as you adjust the date slider.