Speaktacular Sight Words Edu
This tool has not been reviewed by our editors yet
“Sprite Kids’ Speaktacular Sight Words application will forever change how teachers and students learn and practice the invaluable reading component of mastering sight words,” — Jayne Clare ( Teachers With Apps )
Speaktacular Sight Words, is a revolutionary app that allows kindergarten through third grade children to use their own voices to recognize and properly pronounce words from three unique word lists critical to reading development.
Intelligent voice recognition technology from Nuance enables the app to hear, correct, and track the word read by the child, automating the learning process and leveraging an underutilized sensory input available on the iOS devices.
This app can be used without parental supervision, a child’s progress is tracked with an inbuilt reporting tool. Parents and Teachers can see the report and hear the incorrectly spoken word.
Speaktacular Sight Words features :
• 700+ commonly used words, from the Dolch Sight Words list, Academic Vocabulary that meets the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and a Trouble Words List used by teachers in classrooms.
• Miko the monkey listens to what the child says and understands them, providing encouraging feedback
• Ideal for classroom use, the app supports up to 30 user accounts. Progress for each child is tracked individually.
• Parents and teachers can see the progress of each child or an entire classroom with an innovative word-tracking option that automatically flags words a child is struggling with. They can even listen to the word spoken incorrectly by a particular child.
• For words read incorrectly, the educator can hear what the child said when they read the word aloud. This allows parents and teachers to help the child review the troubled word and keep track of progress.
• Words to be read are displayed with the Dyslexia Font to make it easier for readers with Dyslexia.
• Custom Word Lists: users create their own word list by choosing the words from all the available word lists.
Sight Words offers users two unique ways to learn:
o Practice Mode – Allows kids to read read words presented on the screen. Miko simply listens and lets your child know if they pronounced each word the right way or not. A word read incorrectly is automatically flagged and recorded for further practice in this mode.
o Teaching Mode – Words are first read aloud, after which your child can attempt read that word back to the app. Miko hears what your childs says, understands their words and lets them know if they read each word correctly or not. A word read incorrectly is automatically flagged and recorded for further practice in this mode.
Speaktacular Sight Words is a universal App for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch, and is powered by the NDEV Mobile developer program from Nuance Communications, a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world.
Speaktacular Sight Words is made with love for kids aged 6 to 8.
Sprite Kids values and respects the privacy of children. As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the “Know what’s inside” best practices for kids’ apps. We do not collect, store, or share any personal information or location data other than what is needed for internal operational purposes. Neither our free or paid apps have advertisements, in-app purchases, or hidden tracking software.
ABOUT SPRITE KIDS
Sprite Kids creates learning environments for children which spark creativity, instill a love for reading and which guide them to think logically.
Connect With Us
|Speaktacular Sight Words Edu||$1.99||Compatible with iOS devices.|