Ages of learners
Socrative brings smart clickers, student response and ease of use to a whole new level. Engage the entire classroom with educational exercises and games while capturing student results in real-time. Interact with the data to further student understanding in the moment, and review the reports to prepare for future classes. Socrative will even aggregate and grade your pre-made activities! Saving you time, so you can engage more with your students on an individual level. Create a library of activities and share them with your colleagues and learning community. Not a 1:1 school? That's okay! Have students bring their own devices and join in the learning!
Most Popular Activities:
- Short Answer Questions: Ask an open-ended question. Students respond and all their answers populate your screen for projection. Then ask students to vote on their favorite and watch the results come in.
- Quick Quiz: A teacher paced or student paced activity with multiple choice and/or short answer questions. Results can be viewed question by question and exported to a report that is automatically aggregated and graded.
- Create a Quiz: Design your own Quick Quizzes with our built in feature or import them with our Excel template. Share with your community!
- Space Race: Teams of students answer multiple choice questions in this fast-paced rocket race game. First team to get their rocket across the screen wins! You'll get a graded report!
- Exit Tickets: Get a quick, paper-free pulse-check at the end of class. All answers are aggregated into a report!
- Multiple Choice: Ask a MC question, and see student responses on the projection screen as a bar chart.
More to come...
at Hopewell Avenue Public School
Thursday, April 12, 2012
+ simple/kid-friendly interface
+ create multiple choice quizzes that can be used as interactive games
+ automatically create random teams
+ EXCELLENT for exit cards - students can summarize what they have learned in a lesson and answer a question provided by the teacher
+ reports e-mailed to you (as a spreadsheet) that is easily opened by Excel or imported into Google Docs
- multiple choice quizzes can take time to create
- question and game formats can be a little restrictive
- not too much customization
The final word:
Definitely worth a shot. Head to t.socrative.com to create a teacher account, get a room number and play around. There are a few good video tutorials on Youtube as well
How do you use this tool?