SmartMusic is interactive music learning software that can dramatically improve students’ skills by transforming the way they practice and learn. This is the app for use with music classrooms using the new web-based version of SmartMusic.
With SmartMusic, music educators can assign their students inspiring music from the world’s most respected publishers.
As students perform along with the music on-screen, they hear their part in context with professional accompaniment. They receive immediate feedback on what they perform (both in terms of rhythm and pitch) and a performance score. Students can hear and see what needs improvement, and are motivated to do better before submitting their best performance for assessment and guidance by their teacher.
What can students do with SmartMusic?
- Open sheet music on screen for 23,000+ solo and ensemble titles, including repertoire for brass, percussion, strings, woodwinds and voice with accompaniment
- Play along with inspiring accompaniments with professional audio tracks
- Record and listen to your performances
- See your successes and areas for improvement, and loop difficult passages
- If used in an educational setting, students can receive, review, and submit SmartMusic-created assignments
What can music educators do with SmartMusic?
- Create and send assignments to their students
- Hear student recordings
- Document student progress in the gradebook
- Choose from 100+ popular methods for band, jazz band, orchestra, voice, and general education
- Select music for your program from 5,000+ ensemble titles, by top composers from Gordon Goodwin and Frank Ticheli to Sandra Dackow and Z. Randall Stroope
- Access 18,500+ solo titles from respected publishers including Alfred, Hal Leonard, Kjos, Manhattan Beach, and many more
Full repertoire access requires a SmartMusic account with access to a valid subscription.
Download the SmartMusic app today and change the way music is taught and practiced.
|TEACH Free||Free||TEACH Free provides access for an unlimited number of teachers and students. Access includes: Inspiring accompaniments with professional audio tracks; The ability to: Create and send assignments, Hear student recordings, and Document progress in your gradebook; Content from the free library including: Skill building exercises, Sight reading tools, A selection of state scales, and Sample of ensemble titles.|
|TEACH||$399/year||TEACH provides access for 3 teachers and 50 students. Additional teachers and students can be added inexpensively to suit any sized program. Access for educators includes all the benefits of TEACH Free, plus the ability to create assignments from the full online SmartMusic library, including: 80+ popular methods for band, jazz band, orchestra, voice, and general ed; 5,000+ ensemble titles, by top composers from Gordon Goodwin and Frank Ticheli to Sandra Dackow and Z. Randall Stroope; and Thousands of solos from respected publishers including Alfred, Hal Leonard, Kjos, Manhattan Beach, and many more. Students can access any repertoire teachers assign. Unlimited student access to the full library can be added with PLAY Plus.|
Love it. I wish I would have had this when I started out.
SmartMusic is a product of Makemusic, Inc. It is an outstanding tool for music instruction, practice, and music teacher classroom management. The features are always being updated and improved with the most cutting edge music technology. The only stumbling block for people may be that it is subscription based. I use it with some practice room subscriptions. $44.00/year To send and manage “assignments” a Teacher subscription is required $140.00/year, but worth “every dollar.” Students Subscriptions give the student full access to any device with the SmartMusic software or iPad app installed. $40.00/year
Just this past year an iPad app was released and with the coordination of Finale (music notation software) this program is infinitely powerful.
If you are looking for a music tool that will give you “performance data,” this is the ticket!
Interactive assessment software for musicians. Play along with recordings, hone fundamental skills, and practice sight reading. Works for instrumental and vocal music. Teachers can assign playing assignments to students, listen, and provide assessment. Software provides assessment and immediate feedback to musicians. Includes gradebook and parent communication functionality.