The National Science Foundation’s (NSF) Science360 for iPad provides easy access to engaging science and engineering images and video from around the globe and a news feed featuring breaking news from NSF-funded institutions. Content is either produced by NSF or gathered from scientists, colleges and universities, and NSF science and engineering centers.
If you have questions or comments, or if you are an NSF-funded researcher and would like to have your images or video included in the app, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spectacular images from NSF-funded institutions available in high resolution for download to your iPad
- Fun and engaging streaming video (WiFi or 3G connection required) on a wide range of topics
- Hundreds of images and videos to experience, with new content added weekly
- Share images and videos on Facebook and Twitter or via email
- Keep abreast of breaking stories in scientific discovery as they happen with the in-app news feed
- Pan through content in the unique 360 view or find content via keyword with a simple two finger touch
- With a single touch, save favorite images and video within the app so that they can easily be found again
|Science360 for iPad||Free||This app is designed for iPad.|
I often want a quick video of a science concept or something to grab the student’s attention. My default is to go to YouTube, but you aren’t always guaranteed to get good something that is good quality there. Science 360 is a website and mobile app that is sponsored by the national science foundation. The site is FILLED with videos, photos, podcasts and more and all are great quality science resources. I love this site and have used it to supplement lots of my science lessons. Concerns…
Science360 for iPad is just what every classroom needs to cover a gamut of scientific topics or projects in a visually stunning way. This app, by Knowledge Network and sponsored by the National Science Foundation, is eye candy, but not just a pretty face. It covers a wide variety of science, nature, space, and engineering topics, presented in videos, photos, and text. Now that the iPad has made its entrance into the classroom many teachers are looking for visuals and snippets of video to supplement their programs; Science360 is perfectly tailored to meet these needs. The app provides users access to hundreds of hi-resolution…