This beautifully illustrated library includes on-demand guidance for parents in reading interactively—the tried-and-true way to foster school readiness and love of learning. Subscribers receive new content throughout the year.
- Picture-book quality library for children ages 0-4 and their parents and caregivers
- Includes stories, poems, songs, and math and science features
- Conversation starters at three developmental levels—baby, toddler, and preschooler—so storytime changes as your child grows
- Illustrations by top children’s artists
- Short, rich selections that reward close observation and stimulate the imagination
- Page-swipe lock option
- Science features illustrated with photos and enhanced with sounds from nature
- Stories, rhymes, and pictures that incorporate early math concepts and problem solving
- Suggested activities that extend learning through imaginative play and hands-on projects
- Audio for songs; video demonstrating “action rhyme” movements
- Spanish hybrid version offers conversation starters in Spanish and story text in English to honor home language while providing early exposure to English
|ReadAskChat for children 0-4||Free||Free mobile app.|
ReadAskChat is an excellent children’s book app library that has embedded conversation starters for parents. It’s for very young children (0-5) and helps parents engage in dialogic reading (reading, asking and chatting) which is shown to improve outcomes for children in many areas. The simple short selections of fiction, nonfiction and poetry are beautifully illustrated and the conversation prompts and questions are spot on for the selected stories and the ages that they target. The best thing about the app is that it helps parents share the joy of reading and learning with their kids from an early age.