Quia is pronounced key-ah, and is short for Quintessential Instructional Archive. Quia provides a wide variety of tools, including:
- Templates for creating 16 types of online activities using your own content.
- A complete online testing system with automatic grading, immediate feedback, and detailed reporting.
- Online surveys for gathering student and teacher feedback.
- A class Web page creator to share Quia activities and class announcements with students and parents.
- Access to millions of shared activities and quizzes in over 300 categories.
- …and more!
Why should you subscribe to Quia?
Quia offers the Web’s most extensive collection of educational tools and templates. With Quia, you can create 16 types of educational games and activities, quizzes with 10 different question types, surveys, Web pages, and much, much more!
|Educational Subscription||$49/year per instructor||Despite a price that is lower than many textbooks, CD-ROMs, and other Web-based services, Quia offers the most comprehensive collection of content and tools on the educational market. And it gets even better — for groups of 10 instructors or more, Quia offers discount pricing. Includes a 30-day free trial.|
|Corporate Subscription||$199/year per trainer||Corporate subscriptions are intended for businesses conducting employee training or customer training.|
You can create your own personalized quizzes or activities or use existing quizzes. I have a smart board and I like to start the class with a posted quia quiz, like rags to riches. During the first five minutes of class, while I am taking attendance and getting set up, the students can interact with the quia quizzes with their own vocabulary. Sometimes, I put their names into the examples, too.