Puffin Web Browser
Puffin Web Browser is wicked fast. Once users experience the thrill of using Puffin, regular mobile Internet just feels like torture. Puffin Web Browser is the premium version of the Puffin family.
Top 5 Features
- Incredible Load SpeedSpeed is one of the most crucial aspects of mobile browsers. The Puffin Browser leverages a massive cloud computing data center to pre-process web pages and achieve page loading speeds that other browsers can only dream of. The remote-browser technology is so amazing that not only does it accelerate page rendering speed but also reduces network data usage. Puffin’s speed is far superior to the built-in browsers, even more so on slower mobile connections.
- Full Web ExperienceMobile web browsers and mobile web sites are often designed to minimize mobile resource consumption. The tradeoffs leave regular mobile users with a severely limited mobile experience compared to the full web experience on their desktop browser. Even the latest Chrome browser running on the fastest Nexus 7 tablet cannot deliver full Gmail features like Puffin can. Instead, Gmail forces Chrome to switch to the mobile version even though users explicitly ask for the desktop version. Through Puffin’s state-of-the-art cloud computing technology, mobile users are liberated from being second class Internet citizens. Our browsing experience gives mobile users first class citizens status with the same, full-featured websites they are used and entitled to.
- Adobe Flash SupportPeople, especially the smartest of all, say that mobile devices can’t handle the burden of Flash, but we say otherwise. As a true believer of Think Different, we think your Internet experience should not be limited by your devices, nor by your wallet. The Puffin Browser encapsulates remote Flash technology to enlighten the mobile users to watch Flash videos, play Flash games, and tap into an endless sea of Flash content; all by running Flash on our servers. Flash performs so well that even low-end smart phones can display Flash content as smoothly as expensive devices.
- Ingenious Virtual MouseModern touchscreen devices have simple and intuitive user interfaces. Legacy desktop UI such as mouse-over and drag-&-drop are obsolete on mobile devices. However, modern web apps such as Gmail, competing against legacy desktop apps, delve deeper into desktop behaviors and rely more on the mouse cursor. Puffin Browser includes an ingenious virtual mouse technology to bridge the divergence of mobile and desktop experiences. Users can activate the trackpad through the virtual mouse at any time and use it just like a trackpad on laptops.
- The data centers of Puffin Web Browser are in the US and the cloud servers can only access public web sites from US geolocations.
- For users outside the US, local content, especially videos of local interest, may not be accessible from the US due to geo-restrictions in your home country.
- For China users, Puffin has been blocked by the Great Firewall of China since 6/1/2012 due to censorship issues. Consequently, Puffin Web Browser is no longer sold in China.
- For all users, we suggest trying the free version before buying the full version. At this moment in time, the only difference is the 2-week trial of Adobe Flash support for the free version.
|Puffin Web Browser Free||Free||Compatible with Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.|
|Puffin Web Browser||$2.99||Compatible with Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.|
Puffin browser is useful for accessing flash content on websites on ipads but has security vulnerabilities which can allow students to bypass any filtering you use at school.