Learn 10 words = 10 minutes. Improve your Verbal score for TOEFL, ASVAB, SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, PCAT, DAT, VCAT, MAT. Learn new words everyday. Learn and Improve on a Different Language everyday like Spanish!
- photo + vocabulary word with its definition, synonyms, antonyms, and an image that guarantees retention
- 11000+ popular words compiled from test prep books, newspaper, articles, TV shows, movies, music, and magazines
- Photos are witty, comical, catchy, funny, descriptive, and socially relevant to help drill in tough words
- 2 Quiz modes – Match word with Photo + Match Photo with word
- Flashcard mode
- Able to add words / upload photos to customize word learning
- Rate, Share, and Save favorite words to help increase memory
Education and Learning should not be forced but rather natural and seamless. Concepts and ideas should have meaningful context that is relevant and beneficial. We believe that Phocabulary solves this very problem with learning challenging vocabulary.
Traditional methods of word memory and retention are boring and ineffective. We believe we can change that by using the amazing web and social media coupled with popular ideas all infuse in a photo to spark memory association.
Some photos may be funny, others are witty, few are provoking, plus everything in between to make a memorable impression for you to simply know the words and retain for use in everyday life. Whether studying for tests or pure exploration, words represent profound ideas that should be appreciated in context. Add and Share with others and improve learning.
Feel Free to Suggest A Word in the Application. We will share it!
**Internet connection is needed for photos.
**Powered by Google Images and Wordnik
|Phocabulary||Free||Free for use.|
This is a mobile tool to learn vocabulary using photos.
Simply visit http://phocabulary.com to download the app and start browsing new words.
Pros: Lots of words, tagged by tests, photos are good, include sentences, 2 quiz modes
cons: low community to rate and add new photos
if you’re taking the TOEFL or the MCAT, at any level, you can find a lot of advantages with the app. you will learn more than a few words.
i would recommend this to any friend, family, and colleague. its a fun alternative to learning new words.