Osmo is a unique gaming accessory for the iPad that comes with games that will change the way your child plays.
- Reflector – Simply snaps over your iPad’s camera
- iPad – Works with the latest iPads, including the iPad Mini and iPad 2
- Base – Crafted for kid durability
- Playing Field – Turn any surface into an imaginative playing field
3 Games to start with
- Tangram – Arrange tangible puzzle pieces into matching on‑screen shapes. Play with a friend or challenge yourself to more advanced levels as your handy‑work lights up with each victory.
- Newton – Use your creative noggin and inventive objects like a hand‑drawn basket, grandma’s glasses, dad’s keys, or anything around you to guide falling on‑screen balls into targeted zones.
- Words – Be the first to guess and spell out the on‑screen hidden word by tossing down real‑life letters faster than your friends. A related picture gives the clue.
Educators love Osmo
Top educators from over 2000 schools nationwide, including the Bay Area’s best preparatory institutions, are raving about Osmo’s natural ability to foster creative, social, and emotional learning – and how much their students love it.
|Genius Kit||$99||A great entry to the Osmo universe, the Genius Kit includes everything your kids need to experience hands-on learning and digital fun in five different ways.|
|Racer Kit||$149||Get all the brain-building games from the Genius Kit, plus the high-speed action of Hot Wheels MindRacers! Send real Hot Wheels cars zooming straight onto the screen onto wacky digital racetracks.|
|Explorer Kit||$189||Our most complete package, the Explorer Kit features six core Osmo games and their hands-on playing pieces, plus additional real-world creative tools. Just add your iPad!|
|Osmo STEMtrunk Rental||$29/month||STEMtrunk is an educational rental service. You can think of it as “Netflix for STEM education.” With STEMtrunk, learn as long as you like before sending it back and getting a new kit!|
Teachers With Apps’ own Bulldog App Review Team has completed their video review of Osmo and their five apps. TWA has begun including student video reviews on our website, as far as we know, our website is the first to offer such a service. Watch the video and find out how Osmo works and what the students think about it! Watch our Eduvision – TWA TV HERE
There are lots of tools out there that claim to be a “new and innovative way of using the iPad,” but when you look at them closely they are often just a modified version of what we have seen before. The Osmo, however, is actually something truly new and innovative. The Osmo is a piece of technology hardware that allows you to connect the iPad with physical play. The Osmo includes an iPad stand and then a clip on mirror that attaches to the top of your iPad. Depending on the kit you purchase, the Osmo also comes…