Motion Math Zoom
An animal adventure through the world of numbers!
Motion Math Zoom (for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) features the most interactive number line of all time. The intuitive pinch gesture on iDevices allows kids to navigate among concrete objects (animals) that represent abstract numbers: from dinosaurs in the thousands to amoebas in the thousandths.
Motion Math Zoom is a fun, engaging way for elementary school children to master one of the foundational pillars of math: place value.
Children's Technology Review
"Children freely play with the relationship between quantity and space, just like silly putty….the educational potential of this app is huge. 4.7 Stars"
The iPhone Mom
"The graphics in Motion Math Zoom are top notch, the concept is unique and I absolutely recommend this app for children learning about place value."
Tech Powered Math
"The difficulty kicks up in a hurry…I really like how the app handles the idea of place value."
Key Product Features
- Intuitive, multi-touch gameplay
- Concretized learning – animals at every level help learners understand number size; whimsical animations and sounds provide delight
- 24 levels = hours of exploration. Numbers up to 1000 for younger children; advanced learners unlock negatives, decimals, and timed trials
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements offer additional challenges
- Hints and scaffolding help players who are struggling
- To master place value from the thousandths to the thousands
- To locate integers, negatives, and fractions on the number line
- To build automaticity in comparing numbers
Number sense is critical for all other math topics; number line mastery is connected to multiple Common Core Standards in grades 1-6
|Motion Math Zoom app||Free||Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.|
Much better motion Math tool. Not as dependent of the motion for the lessons as other Motion Math games.
A great application that can be used on multiple platforms. Motion Math Zoom will engage students. It will make learning Math more enjoyable for your students. Motion Math Zoom uses neat pictures of animals in order to facilitate student learning of Math concepts. In addition, students' number sense will be improved with regular use of the software. Motion Math Zoom would make a great addition to a classroom center. It could be used as a source of student enrichment, as well.
I love this app to help reinforce number sense confusion and estimation challenges.