Ages of learners
Your fish is hungry – hungry for numbers!
Motion Math: Hungry Fish is a fun addition and subtraction game for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. The game features a fish who eats numbers plus instant addition – touch two numbers together and they instantly add. Most addition games teach in the form 3 + 4 = __; Hungry Fish challenges players to find, for example, the many different ways to make a 7 (1+6, 2+5, 3+2+2, etc.). There's 18 levels of challenge (for 4-year-olds to adults) and bonuses that let you customize your fish with new colors and fins. It's also a wonderful game to play with your child, your students, nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
"Part of the fun comes from adding a visceral component to math."
The iPhone Mom
"Hungry Fish had me hooked…a fantastic Math game."
Key Product Features
- Intuitive gameplay to practice mental arithmetic.
- Beautiful graphics by Emilia Forstreuter.
- Instant addition: the metaphor of bringing elements together helps learners master the addition of symbolic numbers.
- 18 levels of difficulty – challenging for 4-year-olds all the way up to adults.
- Fun rewards: unlock new fins and colors to customize your fish.
- Addition level is free-to-try; In-App purchase buys Subtraction and Negative Number levels.
- To develop fast, agile mental arithmetic
- To learn there are multiple paths to add up to every sum
- To build automaticity in adding and subtracting positive and negative integers
Number sense is critical for all other math topics; fluid mental arithmetic is explicitly part of the Common Core Standard's "Number and Operations in Base Ten" domain in grades K – 4.
How do you use this tool?