Ages of learners
Microsoft Excel 2010 makes it possible to analyze, manage, and share information in more ways than ever before, helping you make better, smarter decisions. New analysis and visualization tools help you track and highlight important data trends. Easily access your important data on the go from almost any Web browser or smartphone. You can even upload your files to the Web and work simultaneously with others online. Whether you're producing financial reports or managing personal expenses, Excel 2010 gives you more efficiency and flexibility to accomplish your goals.
Make fast, effective comparisons
Excel 2010 delivers powerful new features and tools to help you discover patterns or trends that can lead to more informed decisions and improve your ability to analyze large data sets.
- Get a visual summary of your data using tiny charts that fit within a cell alongside your text data with new Sparklines.
- Quickly, intuitively filter large amounts of information using new Slicer functionality and enhance your PivotTable and PivotChart visual analysis.
Get powerful analysis from your desktop
The refinements and performance improvements in Excel 2010 make it easier and faster for you to accomplish your work.
- Use the new Search Filter to quickly narrow down the available filter options in your tables, PivotTable, and PivotChart views. Find exactly what you are looking for from up to a million or more items, instantly.
- PowerPivot for Excel 2010, a free add-in, lets you experience fast manipulation of large data sets (often in millions of rows) and streamlined data integration. And you can effortlessly share your analysis through SharePoint Server 2010.
- Work with massive amounts of information ― more than 2 gigabytes ― and maximize new and existing hardware investments by using the 64-bit version of Office 2010.
Save time, simplify your work, and increase your productivity
It's much easier to create and manage your workbooks when you can work the way you want to work.
- Recover unsaved versions of files that you closed without saving! That's right. The version recovery feature is just one of many new features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage™ view. The Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu in all Office 2010 applications to provide a centralized, organized space for all workbook management tasks.
- Easily customize the improved Ribbon to make the commands you need most accessible. Create custom tabs or even customize built-in tabs. With Excel 2010, you're in control.
Break down barriers and work together in new ways
Excel 2010 offers easy ways to enable people to work together on workbooks, improving the quality of their work. Best of all, those with previous versions of Excel can still participate seamlessly.
- You can now work with other people simultaneously on the same workbook in almost any Web browser using Excel Web App.
- Corporate users in companies running SharePoint Foundation 2010 can use this functionality within their firewall.
- If you're in a small company or working on your own, all you need is a free Windows Live ID to simultaneously author workbooks with others.
- SharePoint Excel Services lets you share your easy-to-read workbooks in a Web browser with your team while maintaining a single version of the workbook.
Access your workbooks anytime, anywhere
Get the information you need, when and how you want it. Now you can easily access your workbooks by taking the Excel experience with you and stay on top of your needs while you're on the go.
- Microsoft Excel Web App: Edit virtually anywhere. View and edit your workbooks in a Web browser when you're away from home, school, or your office.
- Microsoft Excel Mobile: Quickly update and recalculate Excel workbooks. View entire spreadsheets, including charts and formatting. Sort and filter lists or update your data and formulas and instantly see the results with Excel Mobile on your Windows Phone 7 device.
Whether you're working on your personal budget or travel expenses, collaborating with a team on school or work projects ― even if your workbooks exceed a million rows ― Excel 2010 makes it easier to get what you need done quickly, with more flexibility, and with better results.
civics teacher at landen public school district
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Administrator at East China School District
Sunday, July 01, 2012
Send me an email if you would like a sample of how i have put these together. I have an instructional handout on how to set them up as well.
Middle school Language Arts Teacher at Science Hill Independent School
Thursday, August 30, 2012
While teaching computer classes, I have shown students how to track their daily caloric intake and how to create charts that can be convereted to graphs. While many students find Word easier to use, they are excited to take on the role of learning a new software program. Most learn to navigate it, and the mathematicians are very into the ability to produce various calculations with the click of a few buttons.
Early Childhood Ed Teacher and Freelance Copy Editor
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Online English Tutor/ Health Care Provider
Monday, September 03, 2012
Teacher/Instructor at School/Home
Monday, September 10, 2012
Online English and Biology Teacher
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
How do you use this tool?