The World is Your Classroom.
Students who pursue foreign languages not only expand their ability to communicate, but gain access to other cultures and new ways of thinking.
Livemocha is the world’s largest language learning community. Our innovative Internet-based approach combines top instructional materials with the power of student support to get students speaking quickly and with confidence.
The unique benefits of Livemocha include:
- World-class content perfectly complements classroom education
- Flexible – integrates well as either core or supplemental curriculum
- Access anywhere, anytime – in language lab with teacher supervision, or at home as homework.
- Receive feedback on pronunciation and accent from native speakers in a safe, structured environment
- Fun, social methodology keeps students engaged in learning
- Customizable reporting – Easy admin tools let you track student progress
- Discounted subscriptions for educational institutions
|Basic vocabulary builders
|Free membership covers 35 languages and includes chat, flashcards, messaging, making friends, and more. Courses vary in price.
|Includes a structured language course for English, Spanish, French, Italian and German. Courses vary in price.
What I love about livemocha is the live feedback from native speakers. They can help you to identify sounds or errors that you make and tell you how to correctly say words or phrases. I have used both the free and the pay version of the site, and both are worthwhile. The advantage of paid membership is that you have access to video dialogues that you can listen to and then take quizzes about to see if you understood. The video quality is very good, and the situations are realistic.
I have used Livemocha to help me learn a second language. I am not yet proficient, but this site will really help you sharpen your language skills. You are able to contact native speakers of other languages. You help them with speaking, reading, writing, and listening. In turn, they will help you, as well. It is a great way to improve your second language skills. In addition, Livemocha serves as a social media source. If is great for learning a second language. Since it is serves as a form of social media, it is important that the educator use precautions that they would use with any social media.