Incredible presentations, incredibly easy. Keynote's powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects put the show in slideshow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 44 Apple-designed themes. Once you've chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation amazingly simple.
And, Keynote takes advantage of Full Screen, Resume, Auto Save, and Versions in OS X Lion.
Stunning presentations in minutes
- Apple-designed themes
- Advanced Theme Chooser
- Slide Navigator
- 2D and 3D charts and chart animations
- Typography features including smart quotes, ligatures, and automatic scaling
- Reviewer comments
Easy-to-use graphics tools
- Alignment guides and rulers
- iLife Media Browser for quick access to iLife photos, movies, and music
- Professional-level graphics tools
- Instant Alpha for background removal
- Free-form curves, shapes, and masks
- Connection lines
- Magic Move for creating sophisticated animations with simple transitions
- Text transitions
- Object-driven transitions
- Text and object animations
- A ➠ B action builds to move and change objects on a slide
- Smart Builds with drop zones
Flexible ways to deliver presentations
- Recorded narration
- Interactive slideshows for kiosks
- Presenter Display
- Keynote Remote app for controlling your slideshow from iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately through the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch)
Compatibility and sharing
- Import and export Microsoft PowerPoint files
- Export to iWeb, GarageBand, and iTunes
- Send as a Keynote, PowerPoint, or PDF file directly to email
- Share online using iWork.com public beta
- Take advantage of image and movie size optimization
- Import AppleWorks presentation documents
- Import a wide range of media types including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, EPS, PDF, AIFF, MP3, AAC, and MOV
- Export QuickTime, iPod, PDF, HTML, and image ﬁles
|Keynote for Mac||$19.99||This app is designed for Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later.|
|Keynote for iOS||$9.99||This app is designed for both iPad and iPhone.|
Keynote is an effective and easy presentation creator tool that can be used with iPad and Mac. You can choose from a variety of themes, depending upon the presentation. The animations and graphics are quite attractive. While making a presentation for my High School students, I found it to be quite a time-saving tool, and the students enjoyed the graphics. Though I won't say that it can replace Power Point, yet it can be used by teachers and students to create and share effective presentations.
Keynote is the best way to make a presentation on the iPad, or Mac. I can make a presentation for a class in minutes, and then lay my iPad on the overhead and present.
Far better than PowerPoint, as long as you use it as keynote and not as a substitute for PP.
Use it in conjunction with iMovie to create instructional podcasts.
Creating presentations, workbooks, and projects. I think the power is in NOT using it like PowerPoint.