Capturing and sharing your inner most creative genius has never been easier. Introducing the first multi-device collaboration tool from Universal Mind. From iPhone to iPad with just a flick of the finger, iBrainstorm has set the bar and has redefined the very nature of collaboration.
Think it. Share it. Love it!
Look for our other iBrainstorm app for the iPhone – iBrainstorm Companion! iBrainstorm Companion is used to connect to a running session of iBrainstorm on the iPad. It gives up to 4 people, the ability to create ideas on their iPhones and ‘flick’ them over to the iPad! It makes the brainstorming process engaging and fun. Give it a try!
We created iBrainstorm as a pet project and it quickly elevated to an integral part of our normal User Experience Design (UX) process. It is now a part of our best practices in our methodology. We’ve decided to share this product with the UX community and hope that you’ll find it as valuable as we do!
The design of this application was based around the way that we work at Universal Mind. We expect you to have other use cases and needs. Help us to make iBrainstorm better by giving it a strong rating and sharing your thoughts on improving it. We’ll do our best to support your requests and questions in a timely manner.
For the best connectivity between iBrainstorm and iBrainstorm Companion:
- use a wifi local connection
- turn off wifi on all devices
- turn on Bluetooth on all devices
- start the iPad session first, click on the connection icon – second from the right – and then launch your iPhone apps
- if you close your iPhone app while running a session, you’ll have approximately 20-30 seconds to restart the app and maintain your session. If the session drops, force quit the app from your background processes and restart it. You’ll need to press the connect button in iBrainstorm on your iPad.
If there is no wifi connection available:
If you are using iOS4:
|iBrainstorm||Free||This app is designed for iPad. iBrainstorm Companion designed for iPhone and iPod touch.|
Amazingly clever – Install the iBrainstorm companion on up to five of your student ios devices. Install the main app on the teacher device connected to a screen.
Students fill out a post it on their devices and by flicking it upward their ideas appear on the screen. It is a limitation of the app that you can only use five devices but you can put an iPad in each group.