Learn the names and sounds of each letter with the Hairies. AWARD WINNING APP! Education Resources Award.
- Trace the letter shape with your finger.
- Play games to build letters into simple words.
- Letter sounds come to life with animated characters.
- Learn to blend letter sounds.
- Includes upper case letter names.
- Multi-sensory learning by specialist teachers.
- Letters are introduced in six color-coded stages
Designed for 4-6 years.
English (United States).
Nessy apps have no advertisements or in-app purchasing.
|Hairy Letters||$3.99||Paid mobile app.|
FYI app is not free
How do I use it with my students?
– Short bursts of time is best for young children when learning new things. Using this App for 10 minutes each day will help your child to learn their sounds.
– It is a great way to revise sounds before your child does a reading / writing / spelling activity.
– It is also a great refresher and reward incentive for use after completing a reading / writing / spelling activity.
What Children learn from the App
– The 26 sounds of the alphabet.
– Recognize both upper and lower case letters.
– Practice handwriting skills for the 26 letters by watching animations and tracing with their finger. This promotes motor skills development and preparation for moving onto writing on paper.
– Spell and make simple 3 – 5 letter words.
Why is it fun?
– The characters are fuzzy hairy little monsters that kids love.
– It is filled with fun animations.
– Letters are learned while watching animations with sounds.
– The hairy monsters do a fun dance that motivates children.
– It appeals to a wide range of learning styles due to its vibrant colors, animations and sounds.
This game can easily be played independently.