Globe Smart Education 1
Bring global education to life – real stories from 8 children in 5 countries! Interactive features and teaching guides encourage discussion and engagement. An international learning experience that students will never forget!
Globe Smart Education 1 includes:
• Interactive stories from real children in The Netherlands, Indonesia, Haiti, Burundi and New York City.
• Five country teacher guides with background information, activities (experience, culture, writing, math, and taste), and discussion themes.
• Social studies and geography beyond basic facts and figures: each child’s story is a unique non-fiction, informational text, accompanied by more than 100 photos and narration;
• Foundation for new skills: global competency; exposure to foreign languages; the ability to understand and communicate across cultures; and an interest in and willingness to engage with someone who may seem different or “other”;
• Finding commonalities: common themes help students feel connected with children around the globe (ex: morning and evening routines, activities at home and outside the home, things done for fun, helping at home, special activities and celebration.)
• Prejudice reduction: give children a head-start on global cooperation; contact with someone who seems to be “other” leads to reduced stereotyping and prejudice;
In the Classroom:
• Introduce one country and its activities per month – in a year just think of all your students will have seen!
• Each title is adaptable to student age and interest – keep topics simple or use it as a launch pad to explore complex international subjects;
• Social and emotional learning and character education – discuss how children in the stories feel in different situations, what may be influencing their emotions and how students would feel in those situations;
• Compare and contrast themes and situations in the different stories with each other and with experiences of children in the class.
• Use titles as a starting place for student presentations and country research.
• Does NOT collect any personal information from users. Users can upload their own image, record their own voice (counting to 10 in Kirundi, for example!), and put themselves on the globe within the app, but this data stays on the device and is NEVER transmitted.
• Has NO advertisements in it.
• Does NOT include any social media links or plug-ins.
• Does NOT link to other websites.
• Does NOT include in-app purchases.
• Has a positive view of the world, regardless the race, nationality, education level, gender, or socio-economic background.
• Believes diversity is to be celebrated!
One Globe Kids is certified kidSAFE.
One Globe Kids is a proud MOMs with Apps Member. We follow the “Know What’s Inside” best practices for safe kid’s apps.
|Globe Smart Education 1||$19.99||Compatible with iOS devices.|