GarageBand '11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio and offers fun new features that help you create even better sounding songs. Use Flex Time to quickly fix timing mistakes and Groove Matching to make multiple instruments play together seamlessly. Or plug in an electric guitar and play through realistic, inspiring new guitar amps and stompbox effects. GarageBand '11 also has 22 new Learn to Play lessons in the most popular musical genres, and a exciting new feature called "How Did I Play?" that lets you practice along with any lesson while receiving real-time feedback – showing you where you made mistakes and tracking your improvement over time.
- Quickly change the timing of your audio recordings
- Fix occasional timing mistakes or make creative changes to how a part was performed
- Innovative UI – just click and drag the waveform to change the timing
- Align the timing and rhythm of all your tracks with a single click
- Select a Groove Track, GarageBand analyzes its rhythm and instantly matches all other tracks
More guitar amps and stompbox effects
- Seven new guitar amps for a total of 12
- Modeled after the most revered gear in the world – from clean sounds to heavy distortion
- Five new stompbox effects, for a total of 15
- Mix Amps with stompboxes and find thousands of ways to rock
New Basic Lessons for piano and guitar
- 22 new Basic Lessons for piano and guitar (40 in total)
- Full screen, interactive video lessons with an Apple instructor to guide you
- Synchronized notation with animated onscreen instrument
- Built-in glossary to reference tuning for your guitar, reading music, and more
- Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
- The GarageBand Lesson Store lets you browse, purchase and download Artist Lessons*
"How Did I Play?"
- Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and get feedback on how accurately you've played
- Progress bar provides overview of your performance, and you can track progress over time
- Two-page notation to play along with sheet music or review your mistakes
- Chord Trainer to teach you how to play the most common chords, with real-time feedback
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
GarageBand Learn to Play requires an Intel-based Mac with a dual-core processor or better.
24-bit recording in GarageBand requires a Mac OS X-compatible audio interface with support for 24-bit audio. Some features and third-party services require Internet access and/or MobileMe; additional fees and terms apply.
|GarageBand for Mac||$14.99||This app is designed for Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later.|
|GarageBand for iPhone & iPad||$4.99||This app is designed for both iPad and iPhone.|
One part studio recording suite and one part live performance tool, Garage Band makes for a great teaching tool. I have this tool on my personal computer and I have personally watched this tool in use when my school's music teacher used it to work with his iBand class. They used the multiple instruments included in the program. Whether students learn to play with the band using the 'Smart Instruments', that do most of the work for you, or if they play any of the virtual instruments onscreen they are able to learn by doing. The accuracy of the virtual instruments is quite impressive and the Smart Instruments still affords students a good bit of musical education even though they highly simplify the process. A simple sound board and speakers is all that's needed to get students amplified and playing together.
Garage Band also has an 8-track recording studio, complete with a sampler, drum machines, loops and tons of options for other instruments, this app packs a great punch. You can also look forward to the ability to connect real instruments such as keyboards or guitars through devices such as the Alesis IO Doc or the iRig. Trust me, for only $5 for the iPad, this app is one of the best bargains around.
Garage Band is software application for iOS X and OS X that allows users to create podcast and music. It streamlines music sequencer and digital audio workstation that can play and record multiple tracks of audio. Its application allows you to correct mistakes, if you hit the wrong key, banged on a note with too much force or played a song at a wrong time you have ability to correct what you have done by editing, delete, move notes and shift notes back or forward. You can also increase notes ‘velocity software volume or which translate to louder along with change in sound (timbre) character. Additionally if you would like to cheat by adding a string that you could not possibly play by hand or you have missed note altogether you can simply add a note you want. It best tool that I can recommend to anyone to have lots of fun in life.