Ages of learners
With Dragon Dictation you can also dictate status updates directly to your Social Networking applications (Facebook and Twitter) or send notes and reminders to yourself….all using your voice. So when you're on-the-go, stop typing and start speaking – from short text messages to longer email messages, and anything in between.
Dragon Dictation supports a multitude of global languages. For a full list of currently supported languages visit the Nuance website.
- Voice-to-text transcriptions that may be sent as SMS, Email, or pasted into any application using the clipboard
- Submit text to Social Networking applications – Twitter and Facebook
- Convenient editing feature that provides a list of suggested words
- Voice driven correction interface
- Dragon Dictation requires network connectivity (WiFi or 3G/EDGE).
- Dragon Dictation works on iPad, iPhone, and on second and third generation iPod Touch (external microphone required).
In order to improve recognition accuracy, Dragon Dictation will only upload names from your address book when permission is provided... no emails, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal information are uploaded. This information is not used for any purpose other than improving the usability of the application. Dragon Dictation will also utilize the data in spoken messages collected over time to continuously improve and provide high speech recognition accuracy. All data is stored in secure data centers according to stringent privacy and security standards. For more information, please view our end user license agreement.
Early Childhood Ed Teacher and Freelance Copy Editor
Thursday, August 30, 2012
I have never used Dragon Dictation in the classroom. Cell phones are strictly prohibited in schools, so in my opinion the pedagogical effectiveness of this particular tool is poor. However, students and teachers alike will definitely find this application helpful outside of school.
Online English and Biology Teacher
Sunday, September 16, 2012
How do you use this tool?