Ages of learners
Note: This app is packed with content, rich graphics and animations. You may need more than 1.5 GB of available space to download and install over wifi, or more than 500 MB to download on your computer and then sync to iTunes.
Now your preschooler can learn and play on an adventure with Dora while exploring her great, big world! With kid-tested games focused on literacy, math, and science, your kids will have hours of learning and entertainment at their fingertips! Every day Dora will take your kids on a learning adventure with interactive stickers and Explorer Badges as rewards along their way! Fill up Backpack to go from a Junior to a Super Explorer!
Play learning games designed to foster school-readiness skills like:
- The Bugga Bugga Rainforest Water Show: letter recognition (including uppercase and lowercase letters) and exposure to letter sounds
- Benny’s Barn: word families (such as the “AT” word family – sat, hat and mat) and early reading skills
- Isa’s Flowery Garden: basic math concepts, including numbers and counting
- Purple Planet Space Friends: critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Tico’s Nutty Forest: Logical reasoning and process skills (observing and experimenting)
Each game teaches fundamental concepts critical for preschoolers. Games are leveled and designed to increase in difficulty. Appropriate hints are provided to support children as they practice and build their school-readiness skills. Dora’s Great Big World is the perfect tool to help your child prepare for school!
Children will also earn stars as they visit each location and play games. Use stars to unlock animated stickers in Backpack! As you unlock more and more stickers, your child will become a Junior, Great and Super Explorer! Come on, Explorers! ¡Vámonos! Let’s go!
Dora’s Great Big World includes:
- Curriculum developed and reviewed by preschool education expert
- 5 kid-tested games focused on fundamental preschool skills
- 5 beloved locations to visit from Dora’s world, as seen in episodes
- 60 animated stickers to decorate the five locations
- 3 special Explorer Badges as your child progresses: Junior, Great and Super Explorer!
- Customizable photo badges for emailing and sharing!
- Unique daily challenges from Dora
- Special high fives with Dora
- Unexpected appearances from that sneaky fox, Swiper, who is trying to swipe your stars!
- Special star piñatas that the child can open for a prize
- Player profiles that allow more than one child to play while saving game progress
Dora’s Great Big World charges real money for additional in-app content. You may lock out the ability to purchase in-app content by adjusting your device’s settings.
iOS will keep you logged on for 15 minutes after an initial in-app purchase. Additional purchases won’t require a re-entry of the password during this 15 minute interval. This is a function of the iOS software and not within our control.
End User License Agreement: