Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words
The second in the Nickelodeon Literacy Suite, Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words focuses on your child's emerging literacy skills. By matching rhyming words and more with Dora and Boots in this educational application, your child will become aware of individual sounds (phonemes) in words and how they are sequenced and changed to make new words. The ability to hear, discriminate and manipulate phonemes is highly associated with reading readiness in early childhood and considered a critical skill for the development of reading skills.
In this game, Dora and Boots want to go over the Troll Bridge, but the Grumpy Old Troll challenges them with a riddle: "To get past the bridge of the Grumpy Old Troll, find the tokens to pay my toll." The player must listen and match rhyming pairs to collect tokens, and then, use a slingshot to get those tokens in the Troll's moving basket. Only then will they be able to go over the Troll Bridge.
And the adventure continues! After finding the rhyming pairs, your child will progress to hearing initial word sounds, ending word sounds, and inside sounds. As your child selects a matching token, the word pairs are reinforced. Supportive directions and sound effects help guide your child in learning all about word sounds.
The educational activity of hearing matching word sounds and the challenge of getting tokens in a moving basket come together to keep kids entertained while building important early reading skills.
Ready to solve the Grumpy Old Troll's challenge? ¡Vámonos! Let's go!
Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words includes:
- Easy to use tutorials lead by Dora
- 4 Levels of game play with a rich set of matching words and pictures
- Word matching in different ways: rhyme, same initial sound, same ending sound, same inside sound.
- A slingshot game to put tokens in a moving basket
- Voiceovers that reinforce the matching word sounds
- Tested by kids
- Curriculum developed and reviewed by preschool education expert
- Player profiles now allow more than one child to play and save their progress
- Parent Reporting which shows you how your child is progressing in the app.
|Dora ABCs Vol 2||$1.99||Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.|