Explore math with Desmos! Plot functions, create tables, add sliders, animate your graphs, and more — all for free.
At Desmos, we imagine a world of universal math literacy and envision a world where math is accessible and enjoyable for all students. We believe the key is learning by doing.
To achieve this vision, we’ve started by building the next generation of the graphing calculator. Using our powerful and blazingly-fast math engine, the calculator can instantly plot any equation, from lines and parabolas up through derivatives and Fourier series. Sliders make it a breeze to demonstrate function transformations. It’s intuitive, beautiful math. And best of all: it’s completely free.
- Graphing: Plot polar, cartesian, or parametric graphs. There’s no limit to how many expressions you can graph at one time – and you don’t even need to enter expressions in y= form!
- Sliders: Adjust values interactively to build intuition, or animate any parameter to visualize its effect on the graph
- Tables: Input and plot data, or create an input-output table for any function
- Statistics: Find best-fit lines, parabolas, and more.
- Zooming: Scale the axes independently or at the same time with the pinch of two fingers, or edit the window size manually to get the perfect window.
- Points of Interest: Touch a curve to show maximums, minimums, and points of intersection. Tap the gray points of interest to see their coordinates. Hold and drag along a curve to see the coordinates change under your finger.
- Scientific Calculator: Just type in any equation you want to solve and Desmos will show you the answer. It can handle square roots, logs, absolute value, and more.
- Inequalities: Plot cartesian and polar inequalities.
- Offline: No internet access required.
Note: the app doesn’t yet support saving & sharing of graphs. If you need to save and share, we recommend visiting www.desmos.com on your iPhone or iPad.
|Graphing Calculator by Desmos||Free||Free for use.|
I think that the possibilities are endless to what the students could do with this site. They are able to design and set rules for their functions.
Desmos is a clean and functional graphing calculator that functions well on a smart board in web browser.
But it has quite a lot more to it. You can run classroom activities exploring graphing real world situation and developing vocabulary! Have a look at https://teacher.desmos.com/
If your students have tablets or laptops, from simple to complicated (2D only) graphing this is a great tool.
Much like the web version of Desmos, the ipad app adds the conveniences of anywhere anytime graphing and exploration.
We use Desmos in Algebra 2 classes often. It is a great visual tool for really seeing what an equation looks like. It’s a great tool to use with all students but it seems especially helpful to my ELL students. Since it’s web based it is great on the iPad too. I use it on the smart board with a group or whole class.
Desmos has a great support team that will do a live demo for you or you and your students. All in all it’s Fabulous!!!
Overview: Desmos is a graphing web-app that connects browser-based and mobile versions (Apple & Android) so that kids and teachers can learn using graphing functions on nearly any platform. Desmos ’ cross-platform functionality makes it perfect for BYOD situations, and the quality of Desmos means that any 1-to-1 program will benefit from it. For math teachers Desmos has a large number of activities ready for use, and you can build and save your own activities as well. These activities are directly translatable to classroom use, so there is little prep involved.…
Read more » Desmos, How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Graph The Ways | Tech Tools Daily # 179