At Desmos, we've set out to re-imagine the graphing calculator from the ground up, building on the best technologies available. We're driven by a few core beliefs:
- every student deserves access to the best tools for learning
- it's a travesty that educational tools have fallen so far behind as technology in general has catapulted forward
- learning is a process of exploration and discovery, not a series of answers
- everyone can learn and enjoy math, given the right environment
- math is beautiful and surprisingly fun
|Desmos||Free||Free for use|
I think that the possibilities are endless to what the students could do with this site. They are able to design and set rules for their functions.
Desmos is a clean and functional graphing calculator that functions well on a smart board in web browser.
But it has quite a lot more to it. You can run classroom activities exploring graphing real world situation and developing vocabulary! Have a look at https://teacher.desmos.com/
If your students have tablets or laptops, from simple to complicated (2D only) graphing this is a great tool.
Much like the web version of Desmos, the ipad app adds the conveniences of anywhere anytime graphing and exploration.
We use Desmos in Algebra 2 classes often. It is a great visual tool for really seeing what an equation looks like. It’s a great tool to use with all students but it seems especially helpful to my ELL students. Since it’s web based it is great on the iPad too. I use it on the smart board with a group or whole class.
Desmos has a great support team that will do a live demo for you or you and your students. All in all it’s Fabulous!!!