Citelighter is an easy-to-use academic research tool that provides an organizational framework for writing your papers.
Citelighter is an intuitive online research platform that enables students and professionals to quickly find and record facts, automatically cite sources, and write better papers/documents.
Find It – You search the web for information:
1. Create an account and download the Citelighter browser plug-in
2. Create a project using either the toolbar or website.
3. Begin researching by searching the Internet for facts that would be useful for your project, The Citelighter toolbar stays with you.
Light It – Highlight the Key Facts:
4. Highlight and capture the important information found during your research.
5. Continue researching and capturing important facts, for multiple projects
Cite It – We create a highly organized list of your facts and resources:
6. Choose from a variety of citation formats (MLA, APA, and Chicago). Re-order the facts the way you like it. Add notes and comments, and essentially create your entire outline directly from Citelighter.
7. When you are done, Citelighter compiles all of the user’s notes, facts, and corresponding reference information so that it may be exported to Word or email, with the entire bibliography and in-text citations completed for you.
8. An organized account of all papers/documents created with Citelighter is stored in the cloud within the your account so that you may continue your research at a later date, search through and refer back to past papers, and/or share papers with friends.
|Citelighter Free||Free||Includes student content-capturing tools, student outlining tools, and Google Docs integration.|
|Citelighter Premium||Contact for details||Includes student content-capturing tools, student outlining tools, Google Docs integration, unlimited access to millions of academic articles, unparalleled collection of video-based lessons, student-facing cognitive print for learning, organized classes, writing templates, grading rubrics, class dashboard, individual student view, access to cognitive prints, student-level standards-based performance analytics, class-level standards-based performance analytics, Educator Google Docs integration, and teacher tutorials.|
Teaching a variety of things from basic research (capture and store), to organization (digital notecard that are easily manipulated), to teaching paraphrasing (comments section under each fact is a great place for students to record thoughts).