Requires iPad 2+, Internet connection. iPad 1 not supported.
BuzzMath is the best free math practice iPad app for middle school. Offering teachers & home schools a solution to provide dynamic student practice that will build their conceptual understanding of mathematics.
THE BEST APPROACH TO MATH PRACTICE
- 2,800+ Problems Aligned with the Common Core State Standards
- Variety of Answer Inputs
- Automated Corrections, Infinite Retry
- Single-Click Activity Assignment (supports differentiated instruction)
- Manage your school teachers, classroom and students on the companion website
THESE PREMIUM FEATURES ARE FREE UNTIL NEXT SCHOOL YEAR (JULY 1ST, 2013):
- Detailed Solutions & On Demand Examples
- Challenging Missions (an opportunity for small group problem solving for lower ability students and challenging for higher ability students)
- Audio Reading of Text (aids English-Language Learner/ELL and Low-Performing Learners)
- Detailed reporting tools
GREAT CONTENT, PEDAGOGY & EXPERIENCE
To date, we have created over 200 Common Core aligned practice activities that can be used to guide your class to mathematical success. Our team of developers and educators take great pride and care in the development and design of all of our content.
On demand examples and instant feedback assist students as they work towards mastery. Detailed reporting tools and single-click activity assignment are also available.
FOR TEACHERS: DEPLOY IN MINUTES WITH CLASSROOM CODES
Install the app, create your account & school, distribute your first classroom code and lead your class to mathematical proficiency through supported practice.
QUESTIONS & SUPPORT
Please ask your questions or quickly report bugs to our support team: email@example.com or 1-888-528-8878 option 1 or +1 514-528-8066 ext.809
- Number Sense and Operations
- Rational Numbers
- Divisibility, Factors, and Multiples
- Roots, Exponents, and Scientific Notation
- Number Properties
- Percents, Ratios, and Proportions
- Patterns and Sequences
- Algebraic Expressions
- Equations, Functions, and Inequalities
- Data, Graphs, and Probability
|BuzzMath Middle School||Free||This app is designed for iPad.|
I’ve had the opportunity to use BuzzMath for two years with my classes. I teach 6th-8th graders and I can honestly say this has been the most motivating instructional math app we’ve used. It’s visually appealing, which is a big plus compared to many others apps/sites. The students are allowed to ‘Retry this Page’ and hit ‘Show Me an Example’, which takes away the anxiety of getting a problem wrong. My students are constantly competing against one another to earn more Stars and Badges! Every activity is aligned to the Common Core State Standards, which my district loves. It has a very reasonable price point as well. I’d recommend BuzzMath for an enrichment tool (elementary), intervention tool (high school), or everyday instruction at the middle school level!
I use all tools before I will put them in front of students. I have mixed emotions about this app. If kids are good at math, then this is a good practice app. If they are not, I wouldn’t give them access. The examples are generally lacking a solid explanation and if you get it wrong, when you click on “Show me the solution” you get just that, the answer with no explanation on how it was derived. In short, this app has been weighed, it’s been measured and been found wanting.