Music Teacher. Currently getting my Masters in Educational Technology at CSULB.
I teach: Instrumental Music and Theory, Music
To ages: 11 to 14
– Very intuitive with the organization of all your notes
– Easily imports pictures and pdfs
– Import basically anything from Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other Office products
– Print To OneNote functionality. Instead of printing to a printer, save the printout in OneNote instead (online receipts, etc.)
– Automatically saves and displays the source of imported web content such as pictures and text.
– Touchscreen support for capacitive screens ie. Pen/ink support via for finger or stylus. Support for digitizer screens too :-)
– Syncs across devices
– Apps available for IOS, Android, WP8
– Notes, Folders, and Notebooks are sharable with others
I use this on my Surface Pro. Combined with the touchscreen and digitizer pen, it’s simply awesome. I couldn’t ask for a better way to organize everything.
Cloud Storage. Syncs with your computers and smartphones. 7GB for free (25 if you already use it). Files can be shared via social websites or links.
Great library of classical music recordings available for music teachers. Enables you to sync music to your iPhone without having to use iTunes :-)
Task management with a clean, simple, attractive UI, AND is collaborative as well. Assign, share, and communicate about your tasks among other Orchestra users. Currently in available for IOS and through the web interface. FREE!
Online music notation software/cloud service. No downloads necessary, just the latest version of Flash Player. Students can write, listen to, and publish their own music. Website includes sharing capabilities such as providing a link or embedding the song/project as HTML on a website.
Interactive assessment software for musicians. Play along with recordings, hone fundamental skills, and practice sight reading. Works for instrumental and vocal music. Teachers can assign playing assignments to students, listen, and provide assessment. Software provides assessment and immediate feedback to musicians. Includes gradebook and parent communication functionality.
Notation Software for the music classroom. Write music and create theory assignments for your students.